Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Imaginary friend

Did anyone else have an imaginary friend as a child? Or now, whatever. Because I did. His name was I.D., and he was a mouse. I am not really sure where he went or when, but I remember him most vividly. He was always there for me (as imaginary friends should be!) and he always let me win. I am not sure what it would say about my psyche if I lost to even my imaginary friend.
He made me feel like a freak in elementary school (along with my crazy childhood illness, my love of books, and my freakish tallness) because I knew I was the only person with this affliction. Surely no one else had an imaginary friend! scoff. But then, then it happened. One day in the school library I came upon a series of books about famous people throughout history and THEIR IMAGINARY PET FRIENDS!! Who knew??!! Needless to say, I read them all and wondered at the artwork. I was not alone. I have searched since for these books but as I don't remember the name I cannot locate them. I will keep looking.
This post makes me wonder about whatever happened to that guy Rik Mayall from The Young Ones. IMDB, here I come!

No comments: