Monday, November 3, 2008

Conversations with nieces

My niece, who let's just say isn't really concerned with world, US, or community issues told me how she was voting for McCain. Which is fine, her choice, at least she was going to vote, etc. But just curious and wondering if I could sway her, I asked why. Since Obama was the new, hot, hip hope of the younger generation I assumed she would have said Obama. Her response was that it was because he was a Republican. I waited for more, but none was forthcoming. So I asked why again and she said how Obama wanted to end the war (I pointed out that we all WANT to end the war, people are dying every day) and that was really all she had. So I asked what about things that affect her personally like freedom of choice and government aid, social issues. I told her about Palin's stance on the issues and she asked if Palin was the "lady running for president or whatever?"!! I told her she really needs to pay attention if she is going to vote! Geesh!! I wanted to shake her...

No comments: