Monday, May 18, 2009

Sad eyes


When I took my little peanut to the eye doctor I mentioned that she still doesn't seem interested in television or books. The doctor replied, very matter of fact "SHE MIGHT NEVER BE INTERESTED" WHAT?!?! sob, cry, NO!! TV, fine. Books, love of my life, is there no justice?! I have already filled her awesome little library with new books, classics, and her bro and sis' old books. I understand the doc was saying she might never be interested/able to focus well on these things, the geneticist once said the same thing about her driving, but I doubt he had any idea how his words scared the crap out of me. Maybe crushing my soul just a little bit. Of course, now I will be on a mission to get her to love reading but...
This could be worse than my son being a jock.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Don't listen to eye doctors. (Too late, I know.) Mine once told me if reading gave me headaches, then STOP. What? That's like telling me not to swallow. Wonder if I went to the same anti-literate guy....