Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ten ways I am killing the environment

1. Clorox wipes (especially handy when you have hard water)
2. Hard water (use more detergent/cleaners/Clorox wipes)
3. Disposable diapers
4. Zyrtec (each pill individually packaged in plastic casing 4 times the size of each pill)
5. McDonald's (I have been buying approx. 1 $1 soda a day and then THROWING AWAY THE CUP!!)
6. Post-it notes
7. My running, sweat-wicking AND chemically infused, gear/clothes.
8. Napping or eating in my car with the A/C running.
9. I commute a really long way to work, 5 days a week, often in an SUV.
10. Scrapbooking

listbutton

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Me too on so many of these. Especially the Clorox wipes, not cheap or eco-friendly, but really, who can live without them!

abdpbt said...

I am actually guilty of almost all of these, myself. So bravo! Except--don't nap in the car, get back into bed.

Tim G said...

Although modern conveniences have a cost, you need to consider the benefit.
For example, if you didn't have those specialty clothes to run in, you might not run as often, but instead you would use that time to do energy-consumptive activities like watch TV or drive somewhere. Although running, if it helps you maintain health, means you will consume more energy in your lifetime by having a longer lifetime.
I don't lose sleep over all these items, but your awareness is admirable.