Sunday, July 26, 2009

You'll poke your eye out kid!


Apparently the new hazard for teens is texting thumb.
Repetitive use of your thumb, in a manner that it was not originally created to be used. Continued misuse can cause pain, numbness, enlarged thumb syndrome (ETS), and possibly amputation.
Take a good look at that last possible scenario. AMPUTATION?! What the?! Are you kidding me?! This made me think about the warning of the day when I was a teen which was that wearing headphones would cause you to become deaf. I wonder what the big warning was in our parents days as teens? I know my dad said they used to warn that Elvis Presley was evil, but I wonder what was the health warning. What about when you were young? Do you remember any? If so, make sure you leave a comment or email me, because I can't hear so good.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Don't swallow your gum or it'll stay in your system...forever.

Don't cross your eyes, or they'll stay that way...forever.

Cracking your knuckles gives you arthritis. (See previous post comments....)

Jana said...

HAHA! I totally forgot about the gum! Or how it would take 7 years to digest. It only made the desire to swallow it more enticing.