Friday, July 24, 2009

Creaky

I have had "old lady" knees for as far back as I can remember. Friends and family were always like "what the f*ck?!", that's how loud they crack when I bend down. The same is true of my jaw, it isn't really LOUD, but is audible, and only happens when I open my mouth wide for things like yawning, at the dentist, um unmentionable things that I don't do anymore, bobbing for apples, whatever. People always ask if my knees or my jaw hurts but I feel nothing except the popping sensation which could be creepy if I thought about it too hard. Those I know who actually have arthritis or lockjaw say their afflictions are noiseless. I guess I don't understand why nature would make someone 6' tall and then give them embarrassing knees knowing someone tall would have to bend down much more than a short person.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Remember when everyone said cracking your knuckles would give you arthritis???

Jana said...

I know!! I was going to write about how maybe that's why I started, I was so familiar with the sound already!