Sunday, November 29, 2009

Shrink it



Thank you so much to Cathe of Just Something I Made, for this awesome tutorial. I had already started playing around with shrinky dinks for Halloween, making friends and family Halloween trees, so this seemed like a natural next project for Christmas. I used sterling silver and played around with different colored beads and flowers and leaves. I have never made jewelry before so I am struggling a little with that part of it but I am going to keep trying. What do you think? I am not sure if it is pretty, cute, too plastic looking or what.

*Forgive the picture quality, I wasn't using my camera so.. I will upload more photos later.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Those look vintage-inspired. Making a brooch??? Very nice....

Jana said...

I was thinking necklace or bracelet charms, but a brooch is a good idea too, if I can figure out how to mount the flowers prettily..

Mel said...

Ha ha. MINE!