Thursday, March 5, 2009

O Ceramic Christmas Tree


This is so true! My mom has one and every year we would be so excited to put in all the tiny multicolored lights! I mean until like age 12. And then our kids loved it too. She still puts it out and I still love it because it makes me feel happy and takes me back to excited childhood Christmas memories. I think part of it is because when we put the lights on this tree it was when everything was done and decorated. On a side note, my mom is a Christmas decorating FIEND!! I believe that is part of why I now decorate more minimalistic for the holidays, because she was such a freak taskmaster about it! I love the decorations, even the gaudy ones, but never seem to find the spirit or energy for it. Plus I am lazy. She still decorates this way and the grand kids help her, because they loved it and as they turned into teens because she pays them to help her :)

3 comments:

Mel said...

OMGNW! Last year Turner and I both went on and on about our memories of these trees and, lo and behold, his mom pulled one out of the attic and gave it to us. It was a xmas miracle.

Jana said...

No way?!?! Funny, growing up I thought we were the only ones with one! What kind of lights does it have? Does it have normal and like birds too? I am going to make one at one of those ceramic places...

Mel said...

Yes, it has birdies! I'll take a picture...in DECEMBER.