Friday, April 24, 2009

Snotty socks

Okay, last week when Faith STARTED her still ongoing virus, I took her to Wal-Mart to pick up a couple of things. Since we have moved Wal-Mart is closer than Super Target, so....
Anyway right when I put Faith in the cart she started throwing a fit, something she is doing more and more lately both since her dad and I moved in together and because she hasn't been feeling well and because she is getting more frustrated and because she can! For some reason when Faith throws fits she blows snot rockets out of her nose if it is snotty or just snorts like a bull if it is clear. Of course on this day it was snot all over her face and while digging in my purse for tissues I ALWAYS HAVE, they weren't there! Either I used them and forgot to replace them or more likely Faith tossed them out of my purse since mommas purse is her favorite toy. Since you have to get the snot immediately off her face or she will PLAY WITH IT GROSS!! I looked for the only thing I had handy besides my shirt, which was her socks I hadn't put on yet. In white trash wal-mart tradition, I used her (clean, I swear!) socks to get all the snot off her face. Then, because she has about 50 pairs of socks I just threw them away and took my sockless baby shopping. Although I felt guilty about throwing away the socks, my mom and my grandma are still inside my head telling me to save everything, I felt better that her face was clean.

1 comment:

Mel said...

At least you fit right in; at least you weren't at fancy- schmancy Tar-jay :-)

(I think I did something similar once with spit-up.)