Thursday, June 4, 2009

Devonshire


There are no Ronald McDonald houses near Miami Children's Hospital so they have these crappy little apartments down the street they rent cheap to family members of patients. I don't mind that they are crappy, cheap apartments because who cares, you have a fridge and a bed and air conditioning. What I DO mind are that they are rodent, worm, bug, roach infested. Whether or not it bothers me on a personal level is a moot point, but the fact that IT IS DISGUSTING and brings gross, buggy, disgusting germs to the hospital seems to me an issue! The place bathed in sanitizer and freezing temperatures to keep germs at bay. Why wouldn't you make sure to spend a fraction of your budget on pest control!! Maybe infested is too harsh a word but here is what we walked into (I do have to say it does seem better than 4 years ago), dead HUGE roaches in the lights, and in the windows, rodent poop in the shower where I had to bathe Faith with her surgical scrub the night before her surgery, worms in the lights and on the floor, etc. I have to say it is better than last time as most of the roaches I have seen are dead or dying (I knew that little can of Lysol would come in handy!) but still. All those disgusting germs to take into the surgical wards? Really? I think it is wrong...

1 comment:

Mel said...

Love the new name!

Funny, the picture of this apt. reminded me of Melrose Place :-)